A web server is a computer system that stores and delivers web pages to a user’s device when they request it through a web browser. Web servers are an integral part of the modern internet. They are responsible for hosting websites, delivering webpages, and providing access to other web-based applications.
Types of Web Servers
- Apache HTTP Server
- Microsoft IIS
Applications of Web Servers
- Providing web page hosting services
- Managing domain name server (DNS) requests
- Allowing for secure file transfer protocol (SFTP)
- Serving streaming audio and video content
- Managing media streaming protocols
- Providing live streaming services
- Web servers are an essential part of the internet infrastructure, providing content to web browsers and clients.
- They can be used for hosting websites, streaming audio and video content, and managing security protocols.
- Different types of web servers are available, each suited for specific applications and needs.